Reasons for this Stadium
Teams coming to participate at the stadium spend dollars in our community while they and their family and friends are here, most spend at least one night on lodging and eat in restaurants as well as shop in our local businesses. With the completion of the stadium we would have an all- weather track and state of the art facility that would entice many more teams to come to our cooler climate.
With the completion of the stadium we would be able to host much larger events (such as championship sports, concerts and various other community activities) and in turn bring more dollars to the community. Additionally these events mentioned above will themselves generate income and more interest in our community.
- Sporting and other events can bring family and friends to our area that might not otherwise come to our community and these people may later want to return as tourists after becoming familiar with our area.
- An outstanding facility such as the stadium attracts families and increases the desirability of living here. Teachers and coaches will be attracted to our area because of the facility and participants from youth to adult will also be inclined to locate here.
- We may also be able to attract Masters Teams from places where heat can become a problem (Sacramento and San Jose for example). These are more dollars infused into our economy.
Other Community benefits:
- Team sports are a pro-active way to help fight gang development by involving youth with positive influences and outlets.
- Dana Gray Elementary and the Middle School could use the facility to further promote good health habits in children. With a beautiful all-weather track children would be much easier to win over.
- All sports would benefit from this facility as everyone would be able to run faster and train harder on an all-weather track and be able to develop their abilities. This would be especially true for those preparing for state track meets as state meets are always held on all-weather tracks.
- More people would be attracted to the sport of track which is a foundation of many other sports.
- Track improves acceleration, speed and endurance which will improve the skills of those playing soccer, football, softball, baseball, basketball, wrestling and numerous others.
- The stadium also provides a venue for those musically inclined by including bands at sporting events as well as band concerts.
The stadium is also set up for television production of the events held and it can be used by professionals as well as those wanting to go into media production. Our community has a well established community television channel that works in conjunction with our public schools as well anyone else in the community.
- Getting youth involved in sports, music or other activities has been proven to relate to better students and a well rounded individual.
- The high quality all-weather track will help reduce stress and wear and tear on joints and will decrease injuries.
- Physical therapy patients will be able to rehab from knee, hip and many other type of surgeries by walking on the soft even footing.
- Community pride will be enhanced with the completion of this stadium and can lead to other community projects. This project and community can be used as an example for other communities as to what can be achieved with a volunteer spirit.
- The stadium is designated as a disaster staging area and is built to rigorous standards in the event of a calamity. It has the ability to handle large numbers of people should a disaster strike. There is even a well with potable water on site should the public water system become inoperable.
How You Can Help
Real Field of Dreams